Do your teeth pass the smile test? If you’re wondering what the smile test is, are you able to smile freely without raising your hand to cover your mouth? Is there something about your teeth you don’t like? Did you know I can make big changes to your smile using a method that’s minimally invasive to your teeth? It’s a cosmetic option widely used by celebrities to give them a Hollywood smile. What is it?
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells designed to look like natural teeth. Veneers hide imperfections such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Pass the Smile Test — Veneers give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
- Durability — Properly cared for, veneers can last 10 to 15 years.
- Stain Resistant — Nonporous porcelain is stain-resistant.
- Sensitivity Protection — Veneers act as a barrier for the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Less Invasive — Removal of a small amount of enamel is necessary to place veneers.
- Easy Maintenance — Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day.
Porcelain Veneers Process
You can receive your veneers in as few as two visits. The first visit, I prepare your teeth for veneers by removing a small amount of enamel. Then, we select the shade and take impressions to send to the lab so they can prepare your veneers.
The second visit is for the placement appointment. I check the fit, shape, and appearance of your veneers and make any necessary adjustments. Finally, I bond your veneers to your teeth with a special cement.
Porcelain veneers can cover the imperfections keeping you from feeling confident about your smile. You’ll need a consultation first to find out if veneers are the right choice for you. Call my office to make an appointment. We look forward to taking care of your dental needs.